Date: April 28, 2020
Subject: – DEPARTURE OF PERSONS FROM THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS
The General Public is hereby reminded that in accordance with Section 32 and 33 of the Immigration Ordinance 2018 Revised, Permits are authorized by the Director of Immigration and the Board or Commissioner of Labour for persons to reside or engage in gainful occupations and these Permit are issued with conditions or restrictions set out in the Permit. Full adherence to the conditions is expected.
The public is further reminded that in accordance with Section 102 (d) of the Immigration Ordinance 2018 Revised, it is an offence to remain within the Islands beyond the time permitted by an Immigration Officer.
A person commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine of $10,000.00 or to imprisonment for a term of two years, or to both; and if the offence is a continuing one, to a further fine not exceeding $100 for every day or part of a day on which the offence has continued.
Please note this press release applies to the following categories:
- Individuals who work permit has expired and current employer does not intent to renew
- Individuals who work permit has been cancelled
- Individuals who are currently unemployed, and will be unemployed for several months after the curfew has been lifted
- If your temporary work permit has expired
- Persons whose visitor’s visa has expired and you remained in the country illegally
Visitors are reminded to seek extensions from the Immigration Departments to cover period of stay.
We hasten to add that this does not apply to the following category of persons:
- Turks and Caicos Islanders
- British Overseas Territory Citizens
- Holders of Permanent Residence Certificates and endorsees
- Holders of valid Residence Permits and endorsees
- Holders of current Work Permits and endorsee or those currently in the renewal process
- Permits that remain at appeal status
The Ministry responsible for Immigration, the Department of Immigration and the Labour and Employment Services Department is asking that all persons with queries about their status in the TCI, to email their queries to the following email addresses and contact numbers as provided:
-Zone 1: 6493482372 -Zone 2: 6493489340/649-348-2536 – creole speakers
Persons not falling within the mentioned group are asked to commence making travel arrangements to depart the Turks and Caicos Islands by contacting the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board at email address: email@example.com
Please provide the following information at the time of registration:
Number of Persons in your travelling party
Country of origin/destination
The Ministry responsible for Immigration, Department of Immigration and the Labour and Employment Services Department, would like to thank everyone in advance for their full cooperation and compliance.