As fall approaches and the holiday season looms, it’s the time of year where families begin making winter travel arrangements. Over the years, many families escape to Turks and Caicos to celebrate Thanksgiving annually and have made it their family tradition. Discover why they’ve fell in love with Turks and Caicos with these top five reasons you should retreat to our islands for Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Beautiful Beaches and Great Weather. The Turks and Caicos Islands experience approximately 350 days of sunshine each year. The average temperatures in November are highs of 84° and lows of 77°- perfect beach weather for swimming, snorkeling and diving. The warm, clear waters of Grace Bay are unmatched as evidenced by its awards for the world’s best beach for several years. If you live in cooler climates, imagine spending Thanksgiving holiday dipping your toes in the powdery sand of our beautiful, uncrowded and unspoiled beaches of our sister islands.
- With direct flights from Miami, Dallas, New York, Toronto and Atlanta, a trip to Turks and Caicos has never been more accessible. Increased airlift options to the islands has also resulted in amazing airfare deals and enticing offers to make your family’s Thanksgiving vacation a reality.
- Remarkable Accommodations. From well-appointed boutique resorts to ultra-luxurious villas, your family will rest in comfort and style in the best accommodations the Caribbean’s leading beach destination has to offer.
- Entertainment and Activities. The awesome activities and excursions available will provide the perfect family bonding opportunity. Engage in horseback riding, kayaking, kite-boarding, parasailing, fly boarding, jet skiing and snorkeling which are sure to create unforgettable memories as a family unit. You can relax, unwind and slow down to island time as you are pampered in one of our world-class spas.
- Unique Culinary Experiences. While traditional Thanksgiving meals will be easy to come by in the islands, a vacation to Turks and Caicos is the perfect opportunity to experience a new culinary treat to commemorate the occasion. Pair your turkey with a tropical stuffing and complement it Bambarra rum punch. Alternatively, you can substitute it for our signature lobster or conch dishes at one of our delectable dining options throughout the islands.