Visitors to the TCI should know that there are conditions which must be adhered to by law when bringing in controlled/regulated commodities to the islands.
Animals including Cats and Dogs as well as live Plants and Plant Products e.g. fruits, flowers and seeds are controlled/regulated commodities.
These items may only be imported into the TCI through a port of entry. No controlled/regulated commodity may be imported unless:
- An import permit has been issued by the Department of Agriculture
- The Controlled/regulated commodity meets the import conditions of the permit and
- The controlled/regulated commodity is accompanied by any other documentation required by law
It is the traveler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy and completeness of all import conditions before you arrive into TCI. There are penalties for persons who do not comply with the law.
Please follow the links below to download forms and relevant guidelines. You can also contact the Turks and Caicos Islands Government Department of Agriculture via firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Thank you for assisting us with keeping TCI beautiful and safe.
Please see the following applications can be useful when you traveling to Turks and Caicos :
- APPLICATION FOR EXPORT INSPECTION AND PHYTOSANITARY CERTIFICATION
- APPLICATION FOR PERMIT TO IMPORT EARTHWORMS
- APPLICATION TO IMPORT CATS & DOGS
- PLANT NURSERY REGISTRATION FORM
Import conditions and useful information:
- Dogs and Cats International Health Certificate for US and Canada-28-07-2014
- Conditions for Importing Cut Flowers
- Import Conditions for Dogs and Cats
- Import Conditions for Fruits and Vegetables PHSD
- List Of Plants Species that Require a Cities Permit for Importation
- Regulated List Of Plant Pests – TCI