As the health and safety of the Turks & Caicos Islands (TCI) public is of the utmost importance, the Ministry of Health, supported by the wider TCI government, is continuing to implement aggressive protocols across the TCI to ensure that the general public is aware of how to protect themselves and their loved ones as we fight the global pandemic of COVID-19. As part of our efforts to keep the public regularly informed, the following is the TCI COVID-19 update as at 3pm Friday, 13th March, 2020:
- There are currently no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- There are currently 2 suspected cases whose samples have been sent for testing. Results are expected shortly.
- The suspected cases have been quarantined in their residences and the recent travel history of both are being reviewed.
- 12 persons placed under quarantine in Provo: The suspected cases (2), relatives of a suspected case (2), persons who have been in contact with a suspected case (2), an individual with possible contact with a confirmed case outside of TCI (1), traveling companion of possibly exposed person (1), persons travelling from a highly affected country—Italy (2), residents who have returned from country with local transmission (2).
- 1 person is under self quarantine—a contact of one of the suspected cases. This person is also not displaying any symptoms.
For more information, please visit the Ministry of Health website, www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus; email: COVID19@gov.tc; or call our hotline numbers, (649) 232-9444 and (649) 333-0911, if you or someone you know has symptoms or signs of COVID-19.