If you are a travel blogger, travel writer or a local who would simply like to share your experiences in the Turks and Caicos Islands then we would love to hear from you!
The Turks and Caicos Tourist Board’s Public Relations Department welcomes contributors to bring fresh and engaging content to our website’s blog that will help tourists navigate the offerings of our ‘Beautiful by Nature’ destination.
Our blog seeks to be the definitive source for content related to the Turks and Caicos Islands. Blogs should tell a compelling story that entices readers to learn more about the destination as the blog caters to an audience of first time/returning visitors primarily.
Each blog post should outline aspects of our destination including:
- Highlighting our Sister Islands
- Showcasing authentic cultural elements such as food, music, festivals, etc.
- Activities and excursions
- Accommodation options
- General vacation planning tips and advice
Please note we do not offer payment for guest blog posts. Please read our blog by visiting https://turksandcaicostourism.com/blog/ to review our style and topics we’ve already covered. We strongly advise that you check our website or write to us for topic approval before you start working on your post. We will accept a post on a topic we have already written about only if it brings a fresh angle/perspective.
We only accept submissions that will educate our audience on topics that relate to our niches including (but not limited to):
- Luxury travel
- Family travel
- Eco tourism
- Destination weddings/romance/honeymoons
We are also open to your suggestions, please feel free to contact us if you feel your topic would be a valued addition to our blog.
Your blog submission should:
- Be submitted as a Word document.
- Be 100% original and not published anywhere else.
- Provide a suggested title or headline that is catchy and is seven words or less.
- Be well-written, clear, interesting, and above all, helpful.
- Be 500-700 words in length. If your thoughts extend beyond 700 words please consider doing a series of posts on the subject.
- Include no more than one link to your company/personal website in the body of the post.
- Use hyperlinks that redirect to existing content on the Tourist Board’s website. Please limit links to those that are useful and relevant.
- Not include foul or otherwise inappropriate/discriminatory language.
- Not promote activities that are illegal under the current laws of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- If your blog is accepted and published on our website you are not allowed to use/publish the blog anywhere else. If this is found to be the case we will remove the post.
- The Turks and Caicos Tourist Board reserves the right to edit posts and titles for length, grammar and spelling.
- The Tourist Board reserves the right to include a call-to-action to the end of your blog, including but not limited to email newsletters, booking links, or other downloadable content such as our destination brochure.
- Once the post is live we will promote it on our website, social media and via our monthly newsletters.
- You must have the right to use any photos you submit as part of your blog. The Tourist Board will also provide assistance with sourcing appropriate photos for your post if needed.
All submissions should be made to Elisha Jennings, Senior Public Relations Officer at email@example.com. Please include a short author bio and headshot that can be cropped square.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Turks & Caicos Tourist Board blog. We look forward to receiving your work!